The Fish-Skull Baitfish Head is a weighted head that has a realistic baitfish profile and is specifically designed for tying freshwater and saltwater streamer fly patterns.
Quick-and-simple to tie, this latest innovation in fly tying offers fly fishermen an exciting alternative to using old style dumbells or cones to weight their flies. The Fish-Skull has unique design features making it a versatile platform for tying a wide varitey of realistic, weighted streamer patterns using natural or synthetic fly tying materials.
* Realistic Baitfish Profile- Fish Skull design mimics the head and gill plates of baitfish producing a more realistic looking profile- The head typically "pushes more water" than traditional flies
* Top and Bottom Slots- Allow vertical freedom of movement for the tying materials- Enables broad profile flies to be tied- Gets more natural action from the materials
* Realistic 3D Eyes- Act as an important "trigger" for predatory fish- Are INCLUDED with the Fish-Skulls in the bag reducing additional cost for the tyer- Eye recesses allow the fly tyer the option to use any other eye style or color if they choose
* Built-in Keel- Unique design feature places the center of gravity and 70% of the weight of the Fish-Skull BELOW the hook shank producing a "keeling" effect similar to a dumbell- Keel helps your fly track and orientate in the correct position- Allows the fly to be tied in the hook-up position if desired
* Weight and Finish- 100% Lead Free metal composite material adds weight to the fly- Chromax coated finish in 7 colors guaranteed to be Corrosion Free for 80 hours in saltwater
Small = #4, #6, #8, #10
Medium= #1/0, #1, #2, #4
Large= #4/0, #3/0, #2/0, #1/0